[oletrucks] Fw: gmc tow truck (advise)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fw: gmc tow truck (advise)
From: "Jays Mail" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:15:01 -0600
Ok Guy's I think this might be the Tow Truck I've been looking for for my
parts business. 1948 GMC 2 ton He's asking $2500
I've already talked him down to $2000 it's supposed to be in good shape and
ready to go to work. needed a tire or something. What I need is any info I
can gather as far as is this monster GMC (503 6cyl) Rebuildable
and or compatabile with a small block chevy if I decided to go that way.
Also any other Info I'm assuming it has a Holmes wrecker. It's supposed to
run good I'm just looking down the road
  What do I need to look for. I think I might go look at it this weekend.
It's about 200 miles north.
 Keep in mind it may only be used as a Yard truck . Not shure if I'll
licence and or restore etc.
 If I get this I need to raise some quick cash so my 46 3/4 project pickup
and or my 41 1/2 might be for sale
$2500 for choice. I'll post pics on my websight

 Thanks in ADvance Jay Baker www.expage.com/chevylikearock