[oletrucks] ID'ing rear end

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] ID'ing rear end
From: "Ed Gaito" <ed_gaito@webtrix.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:06:08 -0400
At some point, someone put an open driveline and 10-bolt rear on my '50 GMC.
In attempting to re-connect the parking break, I found two things:

* I have a leaky wheel cylinder.  Anyone know how to ID the rear or more
specifically the wheel cylinder for replacement?

* The new AD parking brake cable has a two-piece type of clamp at the drum
while the one that was on the truck (which had been cut) came into the drum
through sort of a one-way plug-in clamp or fitting.  Is there a way to adapt
the new (old) cable to the more modern drum?  Alternatively, how can I find
a cable that will fit?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

-Ed G.