[oletrucks] Windshields

Subject: [oletrucks] Windshields
From: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:22:29 -0700
I'm getting ready to replace my windshield.  I called all the auto glass
shops in town to get quotes.  They ranged from $186.00 to $330.00 (installed
with new gasket using my existing chrome lock bead).  When I mentioned this
wide range of prices to a friend, he said to be careful, that I might be
getting poor quality glass for the lower price.  I was surprised.  I thought
glass was glass.  Should I know something to check for in buying my
windshield?  This is a pretty big investment for me, so I don't want to be
"Penny wise and pound foolish".

              Mark Self
     '55 1st 5 window 3100
            Redlands, CA