Re: [oletrucks] Windshields

To: "Rob J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Windshields
From: Tom <tfvjr@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:59:26 -0400
I had my glass replaced for free due to the glass coverage I had on my auto
insurance policy years ago, and I didn't inquire about the quality options
available to me (figuring glass is glass). Well, with the 'new' glass installed,
the view was worse than with the big crack that the original glass had in it.
The replacement glass had little bubbles or inclusions in it EVERYwhere! It was
like it was pulled from a car in a windy, coastal locale, but the glass place
said it was new. I wanted to throw a rock through it for another replacement,
but replaced the whole car instead. INSIST on the best glass you can get. It's
worth the added cost.
Tom Volpe
'55-2
Monroe, Ct.