Re: [oletrucks] paint code, and opinions

To: "Chevy Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] paint code, and opinions
From: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:40:14 -0400
Hi Brian,
  My thoughts: Build it the way you want to. YOU are ultimately the one you have
to please. Keep in mind dependability, reliability, cost, and longevity (yours
and the truck's). Exotic usually means $$$$. Would be neater to pull into Mr.
Goodwrench for service if necessary, than to trouble shoot and mail order exotic
items long distance in the hopes that the part will fix the problem.
  As for window tinting, in Michigan a vehicle can be pulled over and ticketed
for too dark a tint. Unless you have an optometrist certify that such dark tint
is need for protection for your eyes. My son's girlfriend had such a dark tint
on her car. Carried paper with her to show need of same. Check state/local laws,
save headaches.
  Pick up copies of Custom Classic Trucks, and/or Classic Trucks. Send for every
catalog in the dang things. Some stuff you'll need, some will be for reference.
And don't have everything etched in stone right now. There will be more than one
time a'comin' that you will say, "Hey, why didn't I think of that?, or That
would be too cool on my truck!"
  And pay attention to this list and those who have gone and done it before or
are still in the process of  restoring or modifying (restifying). Make a file in
your e-mail account and label it TRUCK or something original like that. Posts
from this list come in, read 'em, delete as necessary, or if pertains to your
truck, or an idea, or site, or ???, file it. There is an archive available too.
Your own file is that much less searching though.
  The preceding was my 2 cents. Enjoy the list, take things for what they are
worth, file what ya need and delete the rest. Sorta like life.

Ed in Mich.
'57 3100