Re: [oletrucks] TH350 & pinion angle questions

To: "BORDER,RYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH350 & pinion angle questions
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:43:24 -0700
Ryan,
Hard to make suggestions without "being there" but the tranny shouldn't
leak due to (within reason) the angle it is setting, assuming the seals and
gaskets are good.
Here is a very good site for driveline info <http://www.drivetrain.com>
click on the "information" in the text of the first page and check out the
how-to's and troubleshooting sections.
Get a fairly cheap angle finder/protractor from your local hardware/tool
store and figure out where everything is presently at.

>   I believe that I want to set my engine/tranny combo into my new chassis,
>such that the bottom of the transmission is level.  The idea is to stop the
>transmission pan leak problems that I have now... which are being caused by
>the somewhat sub-optimal (nose down) position of the motor I can thank my PO
>for.  It's not the bottom of the pan that I care about, but rather the seal
>surface between the pan and the transmission housing; which if I recall
>correctly, is pretty close to parallel with bottom of the pan anyway.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net