[oletrucks] answer to leaky Hedman hedders

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <60schevy@topica.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] answer to leaky Hedman hedders
From: "Don Simmons" <tasimmons@cbnn.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:01:52 -0700
As some of you know I put Hedman hedders on a 74 350 in a 62 Chevy C10 and had
a bad leakage problem. It turns out that it was not due to poor quality. After
talking to the customer service people at Hedman we came to the conclusion
that the heads on my 74 350 are square ports and the hedders are designed for
the original V-8 heads which are round ports. Therefore they will never seal
properly. They were very nice and said that they would take back the hedders
if I returned them to where they were purchased, but that still leaves me with
the problem of my already finished exhaust system. Has anyone bought any block
hugger hedders for their 60-66 trucks? If I can't find another brand of
hedders or block huggers, I will have to find some stock exhaust manifolds
that will fit and have the exhaust modified to fit those. Anyway if you are
looking to purchase hedders,make sure you consider what exhaust ports you have
and make sure they will mate up to the hedders!

Don Simmons