[oletrucks] Grille on '50

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Grille on '50
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 23:41:43 EDT
Is the grille on my stock '50 supposed to be chrome or stainless?

What would you all recommend for repairing rusted thru portions of my running
boards?  The rusted areas are right where you step to get into the cab.  I
would like to maintain the grooves without filling them in.  Any ideas?
Could a fella braise and grind down?

Is there a front main seal on a 216?  I have a small drip in the very front.
Not sure yet if it is just oil pan gasket or if it could be front main.

Has anyone done anything with the engine vent tube to keep drops of oil from
coming out of it?  I don't have hardly any, but don't want even a little.  I
recall hearing something about a pcv valve, but can't remember if it was
something for this engine or not.

Tom, I inadvertently deleted your post this morning about sanding, buffing
stainless steel, could you please repost that?  Thanks.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL