Re: [oletrucks] 41 GMC 3/4 ton Wireing, and Engine replacement

To: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>, "oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 41 GMC 3/4 ton Wireing, and Engine replacement
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:40:02 -0700
Jim,
I used (along with most everything else) the fuse block and complete wiring
harness out of a 77GMC in our 49. Go to your FLAPS and get one of the
cheap, less than $10 I think, books for the 79 truck. They cover something
like 73--->87 or something on the cover. Check before you buy, but there
should be wiring diagrams in the back pages.
If you lay the harness out on the garage floor it's pretty easy to
determine where everything goes/went. The chart comes in handy for the turn
signals etc.
>I wish I had $650 to spend on a new wiring harness.  In the mean time, I
>stripped the wiring and fuse block out of a 79 Chevy C10 truck.  That seems
>to be a very cost effective (pronounced "CHEAP") way to rewire my truck.  I
>really could use a wiring diagram for a 79 Chevy truck.  If not me and the
>ohm-meter are going to spend a lot of time together. If I can make this
>happen, I would be willing to document it well enough to post in the tech
>section, or on my own web page. Any help with the wiring diagram would be
>appreaciated.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net