Re: [oletrucks] 41 GMC 3/4 ton Wireing, and Engine replacement

To: <foghorn@ev1.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 41 GMC 3/4 ton Wireing, and Engine replacement
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:38:21 -0500
Brian,

I rewired my own truck, cost was about $100.

I went and purchased assorted size bulk wire (Under $50) from an electronics
outlet and bought a box of assorted connectors(Under $20 at Harbor Freight),
took off the plastic on the bottom of the connectors and used heat shrink.
I took my wiring diagram to Kinko's and had them blow it up to poster size
(Cost $10, if you scan it and put it on disk or CD).  Then I spent 3 days
following the original diagram of where the wires went, cutting them to fit
my application and crimping them.   I used a fuse box from a 70's or early
80's truck(Cost $15).

The wiring helped me gain a world of experience in learning how these ole
trucks were put together and also ending up finding out what problems I had
that I didn't know existed.

The spare connectors and wire also helped me with add-ons down the road and
the fuse box it easily expandable to fit almost every accessory you could
possibly add to your truck.

Jon 50 3104
Chicago burbs