Re: [oletrucks] Doors

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Doors
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:45:43 -0700
Bill your right some door do fit the jams better than others at least that's
what I've found in the AD's.

I'd like to tell you that the gap will not look as bad when painted but that
wouldn't be right!  If you have access to a welder, I normally take welding
rod to weld on the edge of the door to take up the gap.  I then take my
grinder with some 80 grit disc paper and use a go no go gauge to gap the
door evenly all the way around.  This is done after new hinge pins are
installed if their is play in the hinges.

I didn't see that the shop cut through the door jam cutting off the top of
the roof.  So, it looks like any gap you had before is the same gap you have
now.

Joe Garcia