Re: [oletrucks] Road tar removal

To: dpewter@email.msn.com, mark.self@verizon.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Road tar removal
From: "Jeffrey cerniglia" <jcerniglia@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:48:45 -0400
When I did the floors on my 57 Belair I used a handheld
torch first and a putty knife, just heating enough to
make it soft and not liquid. It came off alot easier than
cold. After and I mean AFTER the torch is put away, I
used enamel reducer on a Rag and cleaned off the rest
of the tar residue. I had a fan blowing under the car to
make sure all the fumes were blown away and made sure
my head was upwind. This came from first not using a
fan and going to stand up and finding myself back on the
ground on my ass. I give that stuff (tar) alot of credit for keeping the
floor like new in most places. I decided
to do the whole floor since in some spots rust was
hiding under the tar. Good luck in your efforts just
remember that flame and reducer is a deadly mix when
combined!!

Jeff Cerniglia
1959 GMC Fleetside
1958 GMC Stepside (almost here)