Re: [oletrucks] compressors - it is a way of life? (way to long

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] compressors - it is a way of life? (way to long
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:50:48 -0500
You can never be too rich and you can never have too big an air compressor
<g>

Really, the basic Sears unit should be more than enough for painting
and casual running of air tools.  If it isn't, you just have to stop
for a little while and wait for the compressor to catch up.  For
intermittent work it is almost as important to have a big receiver
tank as it is to have a big compressor.

If you are a little short of air, a second 120V compressor on the
system should help out.

If you plan on doing something big like sandblasting a cab, and don't
want to wait for the compressor, take a look at the cost of renting
a trailered diesel compressor and commercial sandblaster for a day.
It's probably not too expensive.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Monday, 4 June 2001, you wrote:

>Bob and list,
>Thanks to all for the input.  I am sure that I have started this
hobby like
>so many of you.  But now 2 years into it I still think this will
be my ONLY
>truck.  I know that this may be pie in the sky thinking however I have
>approached this project with just purchasing what I needed and paying
for
>someone else to do things that would only happen once (Kingpins/New
Head).