[oletrucks] Just got a 49 Suburban

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Just got a 49 Suburban
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:41:59 -0600
Was out at our local swap meet last weekend and just couldn't resist this
49 suburban. Looks all original with lots of rust . Has all the seats, rear
clam shell doors and even some of the headliner with dome light. It is
missing the radio, distributor and starter. I was on the list before but
didn't pay much attention to the AD trucks, so I need advice. (I have a 56
3200 truck also.) The rear fenders are rusted through up about 6 inches.
The fronts are much the same. The right front is bent pretty good around
the headlight and looks like a tough repair without a patch panel.
What's the best way to fix the fenders? Are there any patch panels
available? The floor is rusted thru too but I think there are panels
available for the floor. Any vendor recommendations?
I also have the lever shocks, are there ways to use tube shocks or should I
try and rebuild the lever shocks?

That's it for my first post; I'll have LOTS more later as I disassemble the
burb.

Bob Chansler
Mead, Colorado