[oletrucks] rack & pinion steering

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rack & pinion steering
From: "Perry Smith" <perigrinephalkon@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:34:59 -0600
Hey everyone there is one thing that I don't remember anyone asking about.
This thought hit me a few days ago, has anyone tried to mount a rack and
pinion assy on an "I" beam axel? The more I think about what I want to do
with my "truck ina basket" I am leaning to the idea of keeping the origonal
front suspension, and when thinking about how I am going to go about adding
power steering, the thought hit me, can I mount a rack and pinion assy on
the "I" beam axel. Any thoughts you all might have on this will be greatly
appreaceated.

Perry Smith
58 GMC Fleetside
58 Chevy Stepside ina basket