Re: [oletrucks] Headliner

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headliner
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:53:28 -0500
Barry,

The product your talking about would not make a good headliner.  The
carboard that was used for headliners was actually "chip board".  It is not
corrogated.  The Corroplast is corrogated and will not take a bend against
its grain without creasing.  As for the corroplast with aluminum on both
sides....Yes there is a product like that, but it is called "Alumilite" and
is over $100.00 per 4x8' sheet.  A 1/4" thick piece has the strength of a
1/2" piece of plywood.  We use this product for outdoor signage and can tell
you from experience that you can not bend it into a shape like a headliner.
Not that you would considering the cost.  In the end I'd say stick with
chipboard or flashing tin if you don't want to use a fiberglass headliner.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"