[oletrucks] A-Arm bushing removal

Subject: [oletrucks] A-Arm bushing removal
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:31:10 -0600 (MDT)
Does anyone out there have any good techniques for removing pressed in
bushings in A-Arms? This is on a '58 Impala, but the advice would probably
be good for anyone doing an IFS. I'll be doing my Pacer IFS soon. Anyway,
the book I have basically tells you to press them out, but instead of
comming out of the A-arm, they just separate and the old rubber is pressed
out. If I keep applying prssure, the a-arms want to bend. I'm afraid to
screw these things up.. Any help is appreciated.