Re: [oletrucks] 48 Firewall Battery Tray help needed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 48 Firewall Battery Tray help needed
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:11:39 -0600
The TF (Task Force, 55-2 through 59) trucks have the battery on the
passenger side firewall, up fairly high.  I saw this transplanted on a '53
once and it seemed to fit fairly well.

The 58-59 has a more forgiving battery hold down arrangement.  55-2 (second
series in 1955) to 57 has the hold down bolts on the ends of the battery,
and I always thought that left the terminals pretty exposed to shorting
out.  If I was starting from scratch, I would use a 58-59 holder.  Watch
that the top of the battery doesn't hit the hood.

There are four 5/16" bolts on the holder frame angle that attach it to the
firewall.

Chevy Duty and others sell both styles of reproduction holders in mild
steel.  The original was  black painted mild steel.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
65 Electra Conv.
Mt. Iron, MN