Re: [oletrucks] '47 Swap parts

To: Darrel Bunge <dbunge@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '47 Swap parts
From: jls <jls@seavcom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Darrel,

I'm no expert, but I'll share with you what I'm doing on a '54.

Gas tank - looks like the tank out of an advanced design panel is the best
fit.  I also have a custom tank from no-limit I'm planning to use.  And
possibly a tank from an S10.

Steering column - I'm planning to use a tilt column from a chevy chevette.

Seat- I'm going stock.

Power brake booster - I'm going manual with a fxxd dual master cylinder in
the stock location with a simple custom bracket.  The reason for the fxxd
master cylinder is the plumbing comes out the oposite side.  The lines for
the chevy master cylinder would have interferred with my shift linkage.
You might aviod this problem using an automatic.  Using a '75 nova front
clip and a 79 camaro 10 bolt posi rear.

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Darrel Bunge wrote:

> I need to install some upgrades to my '47 3100 and would like to know if
> anyone has experience or knowledge about what swap parts would work for the
> following:  gas tank replacement (to be located under the box, between the
> frame), steering wheel column, seat, power brakes booster and master cylinder
> (I have disc brakes on the front and a F*** 9" rearend).  I bought the truck
> with a Chevy 307 and 350 TH installed.  Any help would be appreciated.
> Darrel Bunge
> 1947 3100

Thanks,
-JLS

I'm climbing for the American Lung Association
http://www.pledgepage.com/jls
Please sign the guest book