[oletrucks] Ford 9" Rear

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Ford 9" Rear
From: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:56:02 -0400
Greetings!

I am considering using a Ford 9" rear end in my 53 Chevy 3100 pickup.  I plan
to use a 350 Chevy crate engine and 700R4 trans.
1) Are there any 'gotcha's' to using a Ford 9"?  Pro's / Con's
2) Does anyone know of a reliable vendor that sells these - set up and ready to
install?
3) If I were to go to a salvage yard or other source for a used rear end, does
anyone know what year and model Ford I should look for (i.e. correct track
width, etc.)?

Thanks!

Jim Wilkerson