Re: [oletrucks] Ford 9" Rear

To: Darren_Lewis@amat.com, Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ford 9" Rear
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:47:20 -0700
also,
make sure you get a 2WD truck rear end. i made that mistake and bought a
houseing from a truck that had 4WD, the 4WD ones have the center section
mounted too far off center to work without a T-case.

i got a hub to hub rear end from a '77 T-bird, cut off the coil spring crap
and weled on leaf spring pads. its the same width as the caddy the PO
installed in my truck, its a lil too wide to run anything more than a 10
inch wide rim MAX with some good backspaceing tho, its like 57 or 62 inchs
wide, i cant remember which one sounds better.
i paid $60 for the virgin (even had the gear ratio tag and all other factory
markings. houseing is also a lot beefier than the 4WD truck houseing i got
before.,... now to get my Strange axles ordered, without 3" studs.........

Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200
'00 Dodge Neon