[oletrucks] Drive Shaft questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft questions
From: "Randall J. Krebs" <lawgod@offshore-tax.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:40:13 -0400
I have just finished installing a 350/350 ('74 Impala) and 9 inch rearend
('77 T-Bird) into my 58 1/2 ton.  The original drive shaft is too long (I
could not move the engine ahead since it would hit the steering components
(Gibbons Cordoba front cross member).  Regardless, the yokes/u-joints are
different than on the original drive shaft.

Question:

Is it possible to get U-joints that have the appropriate diameter for each
the original drive shaft, T-Bird rear and chev automatic?  or, do I have to
get different yokes for the drive shaft?

What might I expect to pay to have the drive shaft done? or can I just get
out my skill saw with a metal blade and my wire feed welder and do it my
self? (probably not the best idea if I don't want to replace U-joints every
100 miles)

I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada if anyone has suggestions for a shop.

Thanks in advance.

Randall J. Krebs

Visit our web site at: www.offshore-tax.com

Privileged and Confidential:

This Communication may be solicitor client privileged and contains
confidential information intended only for the addressee. Any other
distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited.