Re: [oletrucks] More on doors

To: "Ric McAnulty" <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More on doors
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:00:16 -0800
Their are two ways to go about getting the door back in the same location.

a)  Drill a hole in the door and through the hinge "behind the door panel.
This will serve as a alignment pin to line the door back up to the same
position.  Remember to do both top and bottom hinge.

b) Take a pencil or marker and trace around the bolt holes and draw a
vertical line on the outer edge of the hinge where it goes into the door
pocket for a reference point.

If your taking only the door off and leaving the hinge on "my preference"
the only adjustment that you'll be dealing with is the position of the door
in the opening "forward or backward adjustment" and not the up and down
movement.

The AD's are also very easy to set the door back in position at the point
because all you really have to do is slide the door back on the hinges,
install the bolts "loosely"and slowly close the door so it closes on the
striker.  It should actually line itself back up and then all you have to do
is tighten the bolts down and your done.

Joe
The Resto Rod Shop