Re: [oletrucks] 53 Pickup Project

To: "Strol Enterprises" <strol@mgge-inc.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 Pickup Project
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 03:07:50 -0500
Kits are available from all the vendors. Two types...one with just mount
arms that either bolt or weld on your frame OR long pipe x-over type that
dips under engine and attaches to inside of frame rails and has two mount
spots on it. It usually needs to be cut to width as comes long, then weld
"pocket" ends on to bolt to frame. usually requires removal of orig
bellhousing x-member and attachment of another trans tail x-member for back
of trans. A 3-way triangular mounting is needed. Buy/order plenty of
catalogs from vendors and look at what they have. Some have good pix, some
have only descriptions. Pick-ups Northwest has a nice catalog and Carter's
and Chevy Duty, etc.  Go to www.stovebolt.com and they have links to vendors
and other sites, PLUS, have tech articles on some common installations. Big
Forums there to get on like these lists too. Most of mounts WILL be made of
chunks of iron, much like scrap iron. Important thing to remember is to have
rubber on mounts or you'll have lots of Vibes! Easiest mount is one that has
the 3 bolts to hold it on engine and tabs sticking out under rubber for a
bolt to go through and pass through the frame mount too. Catalogs...You'll
see.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in process