Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Problem

To: "Ted House" <thouse@raleys.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Problem
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:34:30 -0500
If you fill the radiator to completely to the top, you will most likely see
this.
Our ole rides dont' have an overflow catch can, this usually catches the
frothy overflows. Leave a bit of space on the top of the water level and
see if it stops. As long as the engines not overheating-shouldn't have a
problem.
Good luck..--wayne

At 12:27 AM 11/26/01 -0800, Ted House wrote:
>Hi all,
>    It seems that every time that I drive my truck for any distance the
>radiator spits out this frothy white mixture of radiator fluid and water
>through the overflow drain.  When I drive short distances around town I
>do not notice this. Would it help to have the radiator 'rotted out', or
>is there something more to the issue that i do not know about.
>    This is on a 55 chevy 2nd series 1/2 ton with the original 235 and 4
>speed.
>
>Thanks in Advance for the help,
>Ted.

Wayne Osborne