[oletrucks] V-6's

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] V-6's
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:00:19 -0700
How abt a 3.9 L Cummins 4 cyl diesel? I saw an article in a classic truck
several years ago where a person put a 3.9 L Cummins in a 48 soborban, and put
a T400, trhen a 700R4 transmission in it. I called him, and he said it worked
great. Of course, he was a master mechanic for Dow chemical, and he built his
own adapters. It worked neat, I guess. I think Cummins used to make motor
mounts for some trucks (light duty).I recently tried to call Cummins abt
putting a 6 cylinder diesel engine in a 3/4 or 1 ton Chevy, but they didn't
bother calling me back. If they ever do, I'll report on what I find out.Bob K
in PHX