Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Injected V-6

To: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Injected V-6
From: Thomas Allen <thallen@nwlink.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 10:53:14 -0800
Cams, exhaust and intake manifolding can greatly improve fuel economy and
power at the same time. It's not necessarily a trade off. Head design and
associated manifolding were originally done to be cheap to produce. You
can't do much about the head design but you can sure improve the
manifolding. Headers and dual carbs will greatly improve both breathing and
induction mixture distribution so that each cylinder gets it's fair share.
I have every reason to believe Alan's report of 20 MPG. By changing from
stock (except for Zenith carb), to Fenton headers and two Zenith carbs  and
a mild Howard's M4F grind cam, my mileage went from ~ 9 empty to 13 empty
and 11 loaded with a 2700lb camper.

-Tom

Tom Allen
Seattle, WA