RE: [oletrucks] IFS swap

To: "'Mark Self'" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] IFS swap
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 07:36:23 -0800
I did the same thing, and found the truck sat really high. If i had the
luxury of a fat wallet, i would choose the MII setup, but building on a
budget, i went the '76 gmc x-member route. I paid 120 for the x/member and
80 bucks to rebuild it all.   I'm not sure where it will sit with weight in
it just as yet.  I found on previous posts that some discs are thicker than
others adding to the width.  YOu might check into this.  I currently have
one side sticking out farther than the other, and found that it was in fact
due to a "thicker" disc. the wheels are pretty much flush with the fender
using '96 chevy rally rims.

I'm curious as to how they modify the a frames?  do they cut out a section
and re-weld?

manuel.