Re: [oletrucks] truck pictures needed

To: "Bruce Marshall" <k1aj@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] truck pictures needed
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:57:18 -0500
Jeff Nelson had some excellent write ups on all sorts of AD bedwood. His
website http://www.chevytrucks.org/jeff/
click on the left frame technical article and there is a setup for the
original style "side planks" as some folks refer to them. He's got photos
and all of the setups.  Also go to
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne/57trucks.html
first one you'll see is Brian truck, although under Mark name it has what
looks to be an original setup as well. Although there are some variations,
these are good ones to start. Jeff site has all the wood list allready made
up with specification on the lumber.      Hope this helps--wayne

At 08:41 PM 12/3/01 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:
>Now that I have my '51 p/u back on the road I want to make wooden stake
>sides (is that what it's called?) for the bed.  Is there any "right" way to
>build these?  Does anybody have pictures of this kind of thing that they
>could forward to me or direct me to a web address?
>
>I'm thinking about using oak for the wood and carriage bolts for the
>hardware.
>
>Bruce Marshall
>Boston, MA
>'51 Chevy AD 1/2 ton