[oletrucks] tach transmitter

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, napco4x4@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] tach transmitter
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 9 Dec 2001 06:21:31 -0800
The Sun tachs that were used on our old trucks had transmitters; the
transmitter for the V8's was an EB-9A.  I'm starting to collect some parts for
these and need info from someone who already has one.

These transmitters have a mercury battery in them.

1--Since 12VDC is supplied to the transmitter anyway, what is the mercury
battery for?  DC offset for the trigger?

2--What is the voltage/current rating on the battery and is there an equivalent
part number/product for any modern part?

3--I'm assuming that any 40 something year old battery will be bad. . .correct?

I feel pretty comfortable finding replacement parts and replacing any
capacitors, etc in the unit but the battery makes things interesting.

Thanks for any assistance,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban