Re: [oletrucks] compressed air

To: "Thomas Farrow" <teftom@earthlink.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] compressed air
From: "rwelch" <rwelch@mail.bartnet.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:39:57 -0800
Might want to check out these links for some ideas.  I have seen quite a few
discussions on various boards re which pipe material and I think the
consensus is a combination of galvanized and copper.  If the piping is
complex and large it will be very difficult to get all the very small air
leaks out of it.  If you use large galvanized pipe for some of the main
lines and use soldered/sweated copper on the rest you will minimize leaks.
I made a galvanized manifold system and thought I was being very careful
using pipe sealer and tightening extremely well and I still have some leaks.

http://www.autobodystore.com/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=51082
http://www.vettenet.org/garage.html
http://www.sharpe1.com/dr-pipe.htm

Bob Welch