RE: [oletrucks] Air Compressors

To: Kyle Chilcoat <tabsltd@ponyexpress.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Air Compressors
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:48:00 -0700 (MST)
I think there a couple of ways they can work. You can have a motor that is
run off of single phase power that can spin a shaft that creats the 3 phse
power from 3 windings (like at the power plant) or you can have a gasoline
motor that does it. Either way, you are looking at much more energy  for a
compressor because you have to run 2 motors instead of just 1.
-alfie