Re: [oletrucks] engine help

To: laurie <lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine help
From: jls <jls@seavcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:27:51 -0800 (PST)
Try advancing the timing a little and then try again.
New engines can take a little coersion to start the first time.
If your getting fire out the header your timing is likely retarded.
If your getting fire at the carb you might be too advanced.
Good luck, and keep an extinguisher near by.

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, laurie wrote:

> ok i tried everythig to get my 350 working...i put #1 cylinder up tdc took off
> valve cover to make sure the valves were closed droped the distributor in it
> was pointing to #1 cylinder...i wired her up and nothing.........all i get is
> a pop pop pop like its burining the gas but no vrooommmm....i got lots of
> spark/new plugs wires
> i dunno what to do ...
> help me please....
> mike

Thanks,
-JLS

I'm climbing for the American Lung Association
http://www.pledgepage.com/jls
Please sign the guest book