[oletrucks] Axel leak

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Axel leak
From: "Dana Muise" <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:56:02 -0800
Hello, I've got  some dumb questions. The rear axel on my '53 Chevy apache
leaks oil (where the drive shaft goes in). I see what looks like filler plug
bolt on the back. Should I take this out and fill it with oil? If so, What
kind and how much? Also, my leaf spring bushings are shot. is this something
that should be left to a professional or can a dimwit like me do it?
Thanks!
P.S. I still have that Fenton Heat Plate for sale, if anyone is interested.
http://www.spazzco.com/fenton.htm
(I prefer to sell it to folks in the U.S., no offense to our non-U.S. friends,
it's just easier is all)