Re: [oletrucks] gas tank

To: lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gas tank
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 19:52:43 -0600
Mike:

Can you tell me where the gas tank came from (purchased new or removed from
another vehicle)?  I have a '56 TF Stepside and would eventually like to
remove the tank from the cab.  I remember reading an earlier email from some
member that a '73 Chevy Blazer tank might 'just-fit' between the frame rails
at the back of the truck.  I'm not terribly impressed with the $300-$400
price tag for some of the custom-built or aluminum baffled tanks I've seen
in some restorers catalogs.  Anyone else got any advice on what tanks might
fit? (don't want to cut the frame or move any crossmembers).

Also, you didn't mention what engine you have in your truck, but if you have
any problems starting or getting poor performance with your rear mounted
tank, a new mechanical fuel pump is pretty cheap at most parts stores
(usually less than $40) and might be money well spent to assure your getting
enough gas to your engine (they are pretty easy to replace too!).

Appreciate it if you can give me some advice and good luck with your
relocated tank.

Carl Ham
'56 TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL