Re: [oletrucks] To boost or not to boost?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To boost or not to boost?
From: The Perfesser <driver@49chevy.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:52:52 -0600
At 06:46 PM 1/13/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with using power brake booster on original style
>47-50 huck brake system?  I'm about ready to check my system and it occurred
>to me that the booster I installed (double hole master w/7" booster) might
>be two much for the wheel cylinders.
>
>Also - If one of you have used the double hole master with no booster, how
>well did it operate?  Perhaps I don't need the power set up?

Well, if I understand the question right.... I put a dual master cylinder
into the break system on my '49 and find that it works quite well without
any further add-ons.  I mean, how much breaking power do you really need in
a vehicle that can't go much over 55 MPH anyway?

Now, if somebody could help me figure out why the brakes squeal in the last
2 or 3 MPH of stopping, that would be helpful....

--PS

Paul Schatzkin, aka The Perfesser
http://www.theperfesser.com

1949 Chevy 3100