Re: [oletrucks] To boost or not to boost?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To boost or not to boost?
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:11:04 -0800
Remember that as you increase your go (I upgraded to a hot 261 and 3.55s in
the rear so I can pop up to 75 mph with ease), you need to increase your
stop.  I have the original stock huck hardware on the axles, and a dual
master upgrade under the pedal.  I find the stopping power acceptable given
a heightened safety awareness when I drive.  I would find the setup
inadequate in rush hour traffic in Seattle.  An upgrade for this spring will
be the bendix design from a donor '52 (both axles) and I expect further
improvement (wider pad dimensions and improved contact during braking).

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100