Re: [oletrucks] Stock Frame

To: rock1 <rock1@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock Frame
From: "Marvin H." <dugout63@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:55:15 -0800 (PST)
Lloyd,

I am also at the point of trying to determine where to
go with my frame ('51 3100). I have the bed removed
and have already noticed some thinning of the frame
due to rust behind the cab under the triangular
braces, with the braces being rusted also.

The PO (previous owner) attempted a resto job but gave
up. The lower rear cab corners have been finely
crafted with body filler but I don't plan to keep
them; I want to weld in patch panels as you have.
Ditto on the lurking. I am a sponge with this group
and have absorbed batches of info relevant to my
rebuild. Thanks group!

As for the frame, I have been in touch with Phil, from
http://www.nmservicestation.com

He has been more than accommodating via email
concerning my frame questions. They do frame restores
and he has assured me that there isn't much they
cannot repair. Should they find that your frame is
irreparable, there are options (new frame, old frame
on their yard) that you can pursue to get yourself
back on track.

I am in central Texas, as are you, and Albequerque, NM
is about a ten hour drive. I plan on utilizing Phil's
services to see if they can repair my frame; I can
haul it out there on a flatbed. If not, which is
doubtful, I will purchase one of his used frames,
which he will blast and paint for me.

Money? Phil has qouted a very reasonable price for
this option. I hesitate to let out the secret 'cause I
am astounded at the inexpensiveness. I just hope no
one gets there to scarf them all up before I get a
chance to get mine! *laughing*

Bottom line? Check out The Service Station.

Marvin H.
'51 3100
Round Rock, Tx

rock1 <rock1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Hey guys, Lloyd the Lurker here.

Just started working on my 55 2nd after the cabs been
sitting in the garage for over a year. I cut off the
cab corners then froze. Took me a year of gathering
information off this list and other sources to get the
nerve to weld on the new ones. They turned out great!
Don't know what I was worried about! Hehe.

Anyway, was wondering what a rolling Stock Frame was
worth as I don't think I will be using it. Also, what
are your Ideas on modifying the stock frame (clip, or
weld IFS ). Versus buying a custom frame complete.
Other than the money difference.

Thanks in advance.
http://auctions.yahoo.com