[oletrucks] bumper for TF

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] bumper for TF
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:38:20 EST
> >Although I've been coming to the list for some time, this is the first
> >message I've sent so that makes me a new member.  I want to say thanks to
> >all of you who participate as I've learned a great deal from your
comments.

> >Regarding my question, have any of you adapted a late model truck or SUV
> >bumper to the rear of a 3100 short bed Task Force pick up?  I'd like to
> >have a bit of step capability and the ones I've seen on most '57s are
> >mainly decorative only.
> >
> >If anyone can give me some suggestions on make, year and model it would be
> >very helpful.
> >
> >Thanks again,
> >
> >Bob W.

I dont know if this is what you are looking for or not, but I have a dealer-
option step bumper for sale. Its a aftermarket bumper, made for pick-ups,
that was a dealer installed option. It has the name of the manufacturer, and
the name of the dealer that sold the truck new , painted on it. (Built by
KING, Sentinel, OK. , sold by Hediburg Chevrolet, Midwest City, OK.)  It is
painted black, and you can still read the names on it, but it will need to be
repainted. It wraps around each side, along the bottom, and bolts to the
bottom edge of the step side fenders. It also has flat steel that goes up on
the outside of the the bedsides on each side for holding the tail-lights.
This is the bumper that came with my '58, but Im not going to use it,(roll
 pan, no bumper ). Ping me off list, if you are interested. I live in S.E.
Iowa.

                                                            Pat Hollister
                                                            '58 step