Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire carrier for AD

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire carrier for AD
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:50:47 EST
In a message dated 2/1/02 12:48:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV writes:

<< That is my dilemma right now.  I have a 49 panel with a 350 and I have yet
 to run my exhaust system.  Was looking at it the other day and thought that
 I will not be able to run dual exhaust if I put on the original carrier.
 What to do.

hey guys and gals too, ive got a 53 gmc longbed it uses a slightly different
desighn carrier than the earlier ones but the spare still rides in the same
place.i installed the spare tire carrier and put a spare in it and let the
muffler man worry about it ...im running fentons with duals out each side
using the stock tail pipe clamp .one on each side.....the muffler man, ware
ever he thought there may be a heat problem he used a length wise cut piece
of  pipe welded over the exhaust pipe for a shield...we used a stock turned
down tailpipe as our model.....i realy like it ,but im kinda partial to her
anyway....:-) steve
53 gmc dual zenith's over fentons