Re: [oletrucks] Need Help

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need Help
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:16:58 -0800
I'll list some of the dis-assembly steps listed in the 1954 Manual in the
engine section and see if this helps.

Now this is written just after it says to remove the oil pan:

21.  Remove the timing gear cover attaching  screws and the two bolts that
are installed from the back through the front main bearing cap and remove
the cover and gasket.

22.  Pull the crankshaft gear with gear puller T-126-R by attaching it to
the gear and turning the puller handle (fig 29).

23.  Remove the two crankshaft thrust plate screws by working through holes
in the camshaft gear.

24.  Remove the camshaft and gear assembly by pulling it out through the
front of the block.

25.  Remove the engine front mounting plate attaching screws and remove
plate and gasket.

And it goes on with other engine tear down procedures............

So, I think you are right that the pan would have to be dropped !!!!!

Joe