Re: [oletrucks] v-8 swap '51 chev p/u

To: <Smallblocksteve1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] v-8 swap '51 chev p/u
From: "A&LQuin" <Alan_Quin@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:24:01 -0800
Smallblocksteve1aol.com wonders about running a smallblock with a v-8 in ad
trucks. I run a 350 cu.in.target master and powerglide, power brakes.
        My engine fits, situated slightly higher on drivers side compared to
passenger. I run stock centered exit ram horn mid 60's castiron manifols ,
the drivers side has 2 castiron 45 digree elbows welded together opposite so
they go in to block and down and the stock flange is welded to the bottom.
My engine sits a little bit higher at front on stock side mounts on 2x4
rectangular tube accross the frame. The exhaust outlet flange is very close
to the block and gives me over one quater clearance to the stock steering
box. Over 20 years, no problem! Stock rad. stock flex fan but must use point
style dist. cap for fire wall clearance.
See my web page @ alan_quin@telus.net