[oletrucks] 235 woes revisited

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 woes revisited
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:47:37 -0700
Rob, I don't think you could lose in pulling the head, and at least having the
head done. At the same time, you could get a good look at the block and it's
condition. If you can afford it, I'd have the block looked over by a good
machine shop,  the basic machine shop work done, and put in good quality
bearings, piston rings, etc. While you have the engine out is the very best
time for a rework. And it depends on what you plan on doing with the truck. If
you're just going to visit the little old lady down the block once a month,
then you don't need to worry much. But the parts are fairly cheap-excuse me,
inexpensive! So if you can do the assembly, the cost wouldn't be too bad. I
think it would really be disappointing to do the restoration, and have a rod
come flying thru the block as you make your first turn around the block. Bob K
in PHX.