Re: [oletrucks] intake/exhaust port matching

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] intake/exhaust port matching
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:53:24 -0800
Last time I talked to Patrick, he said they had leased the Chevrolet
production rights and molds from the Fenton family.  Thus, Patrick was the
only person making modern castings of Fentons for Chevrolet.  Not sure about
GMC.  In my opinion, of the Fentons I've worked with, the 'original' Fenton
castings fit much better than the modern castings.  The newer castings
always seem to require a fair bit of 'customizing' to get them to adequately
fit.  Even more screwing around if you use a non-stock intake.  I always
look for originals at swap meets, but expect to pay for them.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100