Re: [oletrucks] intake/exhaust port matching

To: "Old Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] intake/exhaust port matching
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:45:48 -0800
I should have anticipated that question.  It may sound pretty subjective,
but ... you can just tell.  The original casting looks smoother on the
outside, less slag splatter, more even wall thicknesses, the mounting
flanges look more precise.  Buffalo put the two side by side for me once and
it does become pretty apparent.  I think they used a finer sand for the
early castings.  Some of the old timers can look at the casting marks (I
think they are numbers) and tell also.  Gotch me what the new ones say.

Allen in Seattle

PS Gonna put some on that new motor of yours?