[oletrucks] Instrument Cluster Restorations

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Instrument Cluster Restorations
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:25:28 -0600
I've noticed alot of messages lately about instrument cluster restorations
and thought I'd pass along some information I recently got from Richard
Workman at www.speedometershop.com (email address usimail@earthlink.net).

I asked for a complete restoration on my '56 gage cluster.  Currently only
think wrong is the engine coolant temp gage is broken.  Richard told me for
approx. $700 and 6 months time they could completely upgrade my cluster with
all new components (electric gage sending units), new scales, rebuilt speedo
(using infor I give them on engine, tranny, rear end ratio, and tire size).
I've checked with several of their customers, and found out they are a class
operation that do restos one at a time and their quality/warranty (2 years)
is excellent.

I haven't decided to go the resto route yet (not sure I'm that much of an OE
or NOS fanatic that I want to spend the $ and wait for the results).  I've
heard of www.williamsons.com but haven't contacted them yet.

Carl Ham
'56 TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL