RE: [oletrucks] DOOR SKINS

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Ie61pah@aol.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] DOOR SKINS
From: "Mike Baggese" <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:22:22 -0800
Pat,

If they are rust free and the hinge pockets are good, you may want to get
an estimate at a bodyshop before you start looking elsewhere.  I made some
inquiries a few years ago with some of the aftermarket venders about TF
doors, what I found out was:

Doors they sold were "repaired" then primered. Cost was between 300 and
400, depending on the vender.  this only included the bare door, no
hardware.  "repairs" could range from small dings, to metal replacement, to
large dent repairs, all covered over by primering.

Then you need to add anywhere from 35 to 60 bucks to have the door crated.

Then add frieght charges.

I easily saw 400-500 bucks for a door, that probably wasn't going to start
off in any better shape than what I had.

Mike

--- Mike
--- passnb4u@earthlink.net