[oletrucks] Running board Step Plates?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Running board Step Plates?
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 09:17:28 -0800
Hi All:

My son Dusty's '50 GMC is FINALLY home from its 6 month ordeal at the paint
shop!!! And after all that time, the job looks great - right color (after
second try!), and we insisted it was wet-sanded and buffed to remove dirt
and orange peel. Looks like glass! Only thing is the maskers made a mess of
our underdash wiring, and shorted out a bunch of stuff taping and yanking
off the tape twice....another hassle..

Need to know where we can get a GMC or plain aluminum step plates for the
running boards. Hate to clutter up the linear beauty of them, all buffed and
gleaming, but the step area will not look that way for long if the paint is
stepped on over and over. Anyone have a set they'd like to get rid of?

Any other good solutions to this problem? I've seen black rubber strips
attached to the ridges and ending in chrome spears, but I hate to drill all
those holes in these virgin running boards.

Also, in all the new rubber stuff we ordered, we got a pair of headlamp ring
gaskets - stiff rubber-covered metal strips that you bend into a circle and
do something with, but it's not clear whether you put the strips on the
inner or outer edges inside the rims, and either way it's a bitch to get
them to stay put!

Wow, this thing is starting to look awesome! When it's done, I'll post some
pics somewhere to share. My son is getting very anxious, as he only has a
couple of months of high school left before he graduates, and wants to enjoy
driving it to school!

Dave D. in Calif.