Re: [oletrucks] Running board Step Plates?

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, "Dave" <dave@juniorbaseball.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Running board Step Plates?
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:27:03 -0600
I have a set of running boards that I have had powder coated (professional
shop, not home job).  I haven't yet put them into service and although I
agree they look great (even better than most paints) & everything I know
about powder coating says it will be more durable, I wouldn't subject them
to "foot" traffic & not expect them to show some scratches.  I'm going to
put step plates on mine when they go on the truck.

P.S. I'm doing a two-tone color scheme & am going to also powder coat the
fenders (black to match the boards), just a lot easier (& I hope more
durable) than painting.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com