RE: [oletrucks] Front Clips

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Front Clips
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:20:28 -0500
George,
It really depends on what you want your truck to do when you're done.
Do you want a hot rod? A truck rod? Is it to be a daily driver and a car or
and a truck?
The subframe route is clear but you windup with a "car" in the strength
department, if this route is chosen the Monte Carlo (SS) body type from 78
to 87 would be the best choice; this includes the Malibu, Cutlass (442/HO),
regal (GS/GN) and grand prix. There are kits to use late model Chevy truck
parts on a weld in cross members or Dakota parts on custom cross members. If
you want to go backyard swapping, the 73-87 c10 suspension unbolts from its
parent frame and will bolt up to the AD trucks with spacers. It will work on
the TF trucks even better as their frames are wider than the AD's.
Jon P